There you sit in your favorite chair pensively sipping on your Frappuccino, gazing out the window not noticing the people coming and going. You dream about your bestseller. Just as in years gone by, you imagine Casey Kasem announce, “and topping the charts this week is . . . your book.“ Then suddenly reality sets in: OMG, blogging, tweeting, article writing, advertising, etc., etc. All the things I need to do to expose my book to climb the charts. Sigh!
What was that you are telling yourself?
I don’t blog, I’m too old to twitter, I don’t know what to blog or tweet about, I don’t know about this SEO thing, I can’t afford to advertise, yada yada yada . . .
Let’s get real for a moment and jump out of the box. Don’t blog, don’t twitter, don’t advertise, don’t know SEO . . . as the terminator once said, “no problemo”. For little more than the cost of your Frappuccino you could:
- Get a 400 – 500 word article (or blog post) written for you.
- Have someone write 10 awesome tweets for you.
- Have your promo message tweeted to 250,000 people 4x on twitter.
- Have a Facebook Fan Page created.
- Have your message posted for over 300,000 Facebook followers to see.
- Submit a press release to 35+ press release sites.
- Get a video made to promote your book or website.
- And so much more.
Fiverr.com is it. You can find all sorts of services on Fiverr.com for a mere $5. Just a little more than the cost of Frappuccino each day, you can do book promotion. This site is nothing short of faaaaantastic! Don’t blog, don’t twitter, don’t advertise, don’t know SEO . . . “no problemo.”
Also, for a little more than the cost of your Frappuccino each day, you could do promo activities with a paid search or display network ad campaign.
- Advertise your video on YouTube and get up to 500 views of your video from searches on YouTube.
- Have your book seen each day thousands of times on a number of websites like FanFiction.net.
- Get up to 30 clicks per day to your book page from organic searches.
Also, for little more than a couple Frappuccino’s you can get an author interview or do a guest post at @IndieBookPromos (indiebookpromo.com).
You are in a global marketplace. Whether you can or can’t do any of the above is of no consequence. It is so easy to find others who can do it for you, which will free you up to do what you want and like to do, write.
So, tomorrow as you sit in your favorite chair pensively sipping on your Frappuccino, gazing out the window and dreaming about your bestseller, that great coffee aroma swirling around you enticing the senses, the coffee slowly vanishing from your cup — remember, so too are vanishing readers.
No more excuses! You can do it all for little more than the cost of your Frappuccino. EXPOSE yourself, NOW!
Until next time…
“Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars.” Casey Kasem
AdWords, as simple as 1-2-3. Get your ad campaign going in minutes! J.P. the AdWords Guy can help you with a task that will seem like you are in a cognitive learning experiment. If you are looking to GET EXPOSED and drive traffic to your Amazon page or book web site, the AdWords Guy can help you. Call, NOW!