Indie Book Promo is happy to welcome Linda Ballesteros to the blog! She is the author of Your Pot of Gold is a Handshake Away and is here to share information about her book. If this sound like something that you would be interested in reading, please find buy links at the bottom of the post and pick up a copy or two!
An Amazingly Powerful yet Simple Strategy for Building a Business Based on Referrals
If you are a business owner, entrepreneur, or anyone responsible for driving new clients to your business, don’t just read this book—make it an integral part of your business life, devour the concepts, and memorize the portions that resonate with you.
This book reveals concepts that can literally change your life. You will learn powerful strategies for “pulling” new clients toward you, rather than “pushing” them with the same old sales tactics.
Learn this strategy—it can easily be learned—and you can expect certain immediate benefits:
- You will never have to feel that you are chasing the next lead.
- Clients will become important relationships.
- The demand for your product or service will skyrocket.
- As a result, you will earn more money—perhaps multiples ofwhat you are earning now.
If that weren’t enough, you will also:
- Stop wasting time working with customers who don’t know your value to them, and
- Experience the peace of knowing you will have a constant stream of referral business.After reading this book, you will be able to put some important tools and techniques to work. The book is designed for you to take action on a single principle at a time in order to instill a lifestyle change that produces enjoyment and profit.
By keeping this book as a personal resource, you won’t have to worry about forgetting any of the details. Everything you need to understand about this lifestyle is contained in the following pages.
How Was This Idea Developed?
As the leader of several networking organizations, I have had the opportunity to coach many of my members about the value of growing their business through referral marketing.
The question I ask is:
Would you like for me to buy your product or would you like for me to introduce you to hundreds of potential customers?
That is exactly what a referral partner can do for you and your business.
The perfect referral partner carries magic dust that can explode your business in a way years of time and thousands of dollars could never produce.
The American Marketing Association states:
“Over 90% of C-level executive (Chief Financial Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Chief fill in the blank Officer) never or almost never respond to e-mail blasts and cold-calls. But over 80% of them do engage when referred by a connection – whether through a friend, colleague, customer or industry peer.”
Now do you see the power of referral marketing and the value of finding the perfect partner?
What Most Networking Teachers Won’t Teach You
This book is about developing an attitude toward new business development that is worlds apart from what is promoted in many networking organizations. Our goal is to teach the BIG things that attract people to work with you.
Big things like:
- How to emotionally connect with the ideal client.
- What methods you can use to show sincere appreciation forreferrals in a way that motivates them to send you more.
- Why you desire referrals from others and how that desire canfuel your activities to grow your business.This way of referral business is different from the reciprocal obligation to give and receive leads. It bypasses the intellectual logic of earning an exchange of referrals and goes to the heart of why people WANT to tell others about what you offer.
How to Use This Book
If you are like most people, you will read (or at least scan) most of this book immediately. If that is all you do, you have just wasted your money in buying the book. You should have used the money to take a potential client to lunch.
Transformation is the goal of this book. Transformation takes time and intention. That is why we designed the book to include:
- A quote from someone famous that you may respect,
- An expansion of the quote’s concept as it relates to business byreferral, and
- Exercises that can cause specific actions that will embed theconcept on a deeper level into your lifestyle.
- Carry a journal with you to gather valuable information aboutyour progress.If you follow these steps, there is no doubt in my mind that your goal of transformation will be achieved.
You will earn more money and attain sure confidence that your business will continue to expand.
Community/Relationships Keep Them Happy
Client relationships are perhaps the most important aspect in deciding the fate of your business. In fact, your current clients are your best referral partners. Many don’t really realize the importance of client relationships in a business.
I recently read a book that described how most of us want and need the feeling of being a part of a community. This is in spite of the fact that many live in the suburbs, behind security gates and in large, secluded homes. Take a look at the explosion of Facebook and other online social media sites and you will know what I mean.
Taking care of your client is the foundation of growing your business because your clients are your community. That is why maintaining or improving client relationships will benefit you tenfold.
Let them know that you appreciate them and their business with more than the obligatory Christmas card. Congratulate them when you notice a Facebook post about a birthday celebration, wedding, anniversary, etc.
Offer them gifts and discounts from time to time to make sure that they feel “your business values them” as opposed to “you value their business.” Everyone loves these little things. It is the best way you can continue to build client relationships.
Linda Ballesteros is a successful businesswoman and retired manager of a division of Chase Bank. As a powerful networker, Linda attracted more than 300 members to a startup women’s business networking organization called Wine, Women and Wealth, which later merged with a national organization where she served as the Texas Regional Director. She leveraged her years of networking when she wrote the book Your Pot of Gold is a Handshake Away – A step by step plan to quickly grow your business through referrals.
Linda’s radio show, Power Talk with Linda Ballesteros, is her way to empower, inspire & teach by allowing ordinary people to tell their extraordinary story.
Linda can be found:
Her book is available on: